Ride the Reservoir 2018
Our 75km hilly cycle is a pleasure sportive designed to ease keen cyclists into the new season and for newbie cyclists looking for a first charity challenge.
Starting in Bartley Green and extending into the Worcestershire countryside, the route meanders through scenic villages such as Romsley, Belbroughton, Chaddesley Corbett, Dodford and Barnt Green. After just 5km participants are presented with Romsley Hill, a 4km hill climb designed to warm up our cyclists. The route goes out as far as Stoke Prior before heading back into the South Birmingham suburbs via the Lickey Hills where you will face another challenging hill climb. As the sail boats come back into view at Bartley Green Reservoir participants take on the final stretch towards the finish line.
Cyclist can sign-in at leisure on the day and head off at any time between 9am and 10am. All participants will benefit from:
- Free car parking
- Mechanical support at the start venue and mid-way pit stop to be provided by Red Kite Cycles
- A range of drinks, tasty treats, gels and facilities at the mid-way pit stop
- Broom wagon with refreshments and basic repair kit
- Comprehensively sign posted route with marshall support
- Medical support
- Free post cycle hot pork bap or gourmet burger and drink (vegetarian alternative available)
- Free post cycle massage
- Commemorative gift
- Professional photography at the event
“Please could you pass on my appreciation to all the volunteers that made the Ride the Reservoir cycle ride such a brilliant event? I personally found the route superbly marked, the marshals were all visible and the feed station refreshments were very welcome. It was probably the best sportive I have ever ridden and certainly the best organised”.
- Early Bird Fee (Book before 31st December 2017) - £18.00
- Standard Booking Fee - £20.00
- Late Booking Fee - £25.00 (Bookings made after Monday 5th March 2018)
Your registration fee covers the cost of hosting the event. It is your sponsorship money that makes a huge difference to our patients and their families. There is no minimum sponsorship target, we just ask you to raise as much as you can and help us to provide a future where the best experience of living is available to everyone leading up to and at the end of life.